Back to Project
Installation and Resources
- Install and Activate Yurbi
- Setup a user-friendly URL
- Explore the Demo Environment
- Change your Yurbi admin password
- Join the Yurbi Community (and other resources)
- Backup Strategy
Connect Yurbi To You Data
Security Planning and Setup
- Security Planning
- Folder and Report Security Groups - Simple Environments
- Folder and Report Security Groups - Department Environments
- Setup Data Security Groups
Report and Dashboard Building
- Report Building Planning
- Out of the Box Visualization Types
- Build Datagrid Reports (Detailed and Target)
- Build Summarized Reports
- Drill Down Reports
- Build KPIs Reports
- Build Chart Reports
- Linking Reports - Data Blending
- Advanced Reports
- Build Combo Charts
- Map Visualizations
- Using SQL Stored Procedures
- Create Dashboards
- Create Filters and Saved Views
- Dashboard Smart Filters
- Configure Dashboard FastCache
Deployment and Training
- Apply Your Branding
- Create Data Tag
- Create App Shield Security Policies
- Create Users
- User Training and Documentation
- Provide Access To Your Users
- Display In Unattended Mode
Operations and Maintenance
Setup Security Groups – Simple Environments
For simple environments, the out of the box security settings are probably fine, with one small best practice we’ll cover below.
By a simple environment, we mean a single team of Yurbi users, that all share access to the same reports and dashboards.
In the next section, we’ll cover a departmental setup, where you have multiple teams, departments, or even customers using Yurbi and want to put up a strict firewall between them knowing about each other’s information.
Out of the box, the following security applies to the report library and reports:
- Agents – View Only access to reports and folders. No ability to edit, move, or delete reports and no ability to delete folders or create subfolders.
- Builders – Modify access to all folders. They can create subfolders and create or move reports into folders, but they cannot delete folders. Delete access to reports. By default, a Builder can edit, move, or delete any report created on an App they have access to.
- Admins – Admin users are the only ones that can create parent level folders in the Public Library. Once the parent level folder structure is configured, anyone with at least Modify Role to a folder security group can create subfolders. Anyone with Delete Role to a folder security group can delete subfolders (and all the reports inside which is why we caution you to be careful who you grant delete privileges to).
The recommendation that we have, if you have more than 1 builder, we recommend you create a folder and report group to take away their delete permission.
In this video, we will walk you through the out of the box permissions and our recommendation to create a Modify-Only group for Builders to prevent accidental deletions.