- Install and Activate Yurbi
- Setup a user-friendly URL
- Explore the Demo Environment
- Change your Yurbi admin password
- Join the Yurbi Community (and other resources)
- Backup Strategy
- Security Planning
- Folder and Report Security Groups - Simple Environments
- Folder and Report Security Groups - Department Environments
- Setup Data Security Groups
- Report Building Planning
- Out of the Box Visualization Types
- Build Datagrid Reports (Detailed and Target)
- Build Summarized Reports
- Drill Down Reports
- Build KPIs Reports
- Build Chart Reports
- Linking Reports - Data Blending
- Advanced Reports
- Build Combo Charts
- Map Visualizations
- Using SQL Stored Procedures
- Create Dashboards
- Create Filters and Saved Views
- Dashboard Smart Filters
- Configure Dashboard FastCache
- Apply Your Branding
- Create Data Tag
- Create App Shield Security Policies
- Create Users
- User Training and Documentation
- Provide Access To Your Users
- Display In Unattended Mode
Build Summarized Reports
Datagrids are perfect for data analysis. In the last section’s video, we discussed the best practice to end the chain of drill-downs with a datagrid as users go from high-level summarized data into the details of data.
In this section, we show you the various methods of summarizing data in Yurbi.
What is a summarized report?
Think of a summarized report as taking a data set and applying an aggregate formula in order to summarize or describe data across one or more dimensions.
Aggregate formulas include things such as count (how many occurrences of X), average (average value of X), sum (adding up all the instances of X) and then looking at that number across one or more dimensions.
Summarized data is how we best interpret data, by looking at the patterns.
Summarized reports answer questions such as:
- How many help desk tickets did I have per month this year? By category? By priority? By customer?
- What was my total sales this quarter? By location? By product? By sales rep?
- How many widgets did we produce in the past 30 days? With defects? Average time to ship?
- How can I summarize data in Yurbi?
There are a few ways to create summarized reports in Yurbi, they include:
- The most common method (and most powerful) is applying the out-of-the-box aggregate functions as a formula to a datagrid in Yurbi.
- You may already have a database with summarized data, in which case you simply need to build a datagrid from those database tables.
- You can take a raw dataset in Yurbi and use our Advanced Pivot Grid visualization to summarize data across multiple dimensions
- You can use the basic pivot grid to summarize data across 2 dimensions
In this video, we are going to walk you through the various options of how to take the datagrid we created in the last section and start to convert it into data that answers the meaningful questions in your business.